Clogged arteries, also known as coronary arterial plaque, are often caused by the build-up of plaque on the arterial walls. These plaque deposits can include fat, cholesterol, calcium, fibrin (fibrous material usually involved in blood clotting) and even cellular waste. As a natural response to the plaque build-up, the cells in the arterial walls multiply and additional substances may be secreted which can worsen the clogging.
The narrowing of arteries due to plaque build-up can occur in various areas of the body. Common locations for clogged arteries are the heart, the brain, the kidneys, the pelvis, arms and legs, and even the abdomen.
The symptoms of plaque build-up may take time to develop, and will depend on the particular part of the body that is unable to receive sufficient amounts of oxygen. It will also depend on the degree of blockage in the artery.
Symptoms of Blocked Arteries
Some of the symptoms and signs of clogged arteries in the heart include the following:
- Chest pains or discomfort in the chest area, medically known as angina
- Pain in the shoulder (usually on the left)
- Disturbing pain in one arm or both, the neck, the nape, the jaw or back
- Shortness of breath and restlessness
- You may feel very tired even without doing anything strenuous
- Persistent nausea and dizziness
- Faster heart beat
- Abnormal heart rhythm or arrhythmia
The symptoms can be as minor as shortness of breath or unexplained fatigue. However, for some, the first symptom would be a heart attack. When this occurs, it would mean that the coronary artery where plaque build-up occurred became blocked, usually by blood clot.
Other Symptoms of Clogged Arteries
If clogged arteries in other areas of the body occur, such as if the blood vessels that lead to the brain become blocked, you will suffer from symptoms of what is known as transient ischemic attack (TIA) which can include: sudden numbness in the face, legs or arms (usually on one side); sudden confusion; sudden trouble seeing, speaking, and understanding, and sudden loss of balance and coordination.
On the other hand, claudication (intense pain and cramping in the muscles) and numb feeling in the extremities at night may be indicative of clogged arteries in the limbs.
Understanding of the symptoms of clogged arteries and knowledge on how potentially dangerous atherosclerosis can be early steps towards your journey back to better health.How To Clear Arteries Naturally?
1. The grapefruits which contains a special type of fiber known as pectin and this pectin is famous to lower down the increment of atherosclerosis.
2. Green tea is one of the best drinks for the heart as suggested by many experts. This green tea has an ingredient that prevents the blood clot and makes the arteries free smooth and available for hassle free blood flow.
3. An apple a day keeps a doctor away a very famous saying about apple and works great for heart.
4. Beans like Garbanzo are also very beneficial for smoothing of arteries. Survey shows that proper consumption of Garbanzo will definitely give protection from all cardiac issues major or minor.
5. The olive oil is essential for the better performance of heart. The oxidized cholesterol is prevented by the use of olive oil to stick to the walls of arteries. The formation of plaques is minimized by the use of olive oil. This oil speaks for heart as it has what it takes to secure the heart from artery blockage.
6. Spinach is also equally goof for the proper functioning of the heart. It has vitamin A and Vitamin C. These two vitamins work great for heart and prevent any sort of cholesterol formation that might harm the arteries and increases the risk of heart strokes.
7. Salmon or any omega 3 rich fatty acid is efficient in making the arteries smooth and clean.
8. Tomatoes which are easily available and are affordable as well will definitely do well to your heart. The lycopene that is found in tomatoes is very beneficial for heart. The antioxidant nature of this lycopene makes an attempt to stop or restrict the formation of plaques and makes the arteries smooth and free from any blockage.
9. Swiss chard which is again an antioxidant and is beautifully made for the heart to function properly. Atherosclerosis is prevented by this Swiss chard and it has proved efficient in maintain the flow of quality blood in arteries.
10. Garlic. Since ancient times, garlic has been used to treat heart diseases (including high cholesterol, atherosclerosis) and hypertension. A study published in Preventive Medicine shows that garlic can prevent and reverse coronary artery calcification.
11. Pomegranate is an excellent source of antioxidant that can help reduce artery hardening. A daily glass of pomegranate juice can help cleanse your arteries and improve blood flow in your arteries. A new study shows that pomegranate juice may help fight hardening of the arteries and related diseases, such as heart attacks and strokes.
12. Berries (such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, and blueberries) contain powerful antioxidants flavonoids that can help fight artery hardening and protect artery walls from plaque.
In addition to the above diet supplements such as Strauss Heart Drops also can benefit in artery plaque removal, high cholestrol, HBP and bad circulation. There has been many testimonials from people who have used Strauss Heart Drops been able to go ballroom dancing, travel, enjoy their families and friends without exhausted, drive again etc.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5355054
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5000704